Khovnanian Homes - They issued us a "Seasonal Ticket" to replace Driveway and Walkway then did not honor it.
Update added by user Jan 19, 2015
All is well and fine with our Khov complaints.It was an outright war, but our walkway and driveway was replaced and we no longer have any issues with them.
They are very good about fixing problems while you are under warranty but will try to get out of things once it expires.Although they have corrected every complaint we filed, we are still having condensation leaking through windows and the ceiling has cracks but we are going to live with it.
Update added by user Dec 18, 2014
Amazingly Khov came through and replaced the walkway and driveway. It was a fight, but in the end, they did the right thing.
Update added by user Jul 17, 2014
The last picture is of mushrooms growing out of our bathroom wall.Why?
because they never put sealant around the shower when then installed it and water got into the wall and come out near the molding.They did fix this, but I find it completely ridiculous that this could even happen.
Original review posted by user Jul 17, 2014
BEWARE!!They issued us a seasonal ticket telling us they would replace our driveway and our walkway in the spring well knowing we would be out of warranty.
Today I find out they are not going to honor this ticket. Google the complaints look on the BBB. They hire the cheapest contractors. Each time it rains my walkway floods and now it's cracked and another issue is that water just stands on the side of my third car garage drive and I have to get a broom and sweep it to the grass to prevent damage.
They will address the crack...I am afraid to find out what they intend to do because the proper thing would be to replace the entire walkway not just the section where it is cracked. Also, when you do have a warranty issue, they don't do an acceptable job, they suggest the easiest, cheapest fix instead of the correct way to remedy the problem. For example - we paid extra for (2) drains in our garage again, the concrete contractor put them at the high point, not the low point of the garage so you literally have to sweep water into the drain. When I complained about this, their remedy was to jackhammer it to the correct placement and fill in the nasty tracks with concrete.
Like that wouldn't look like *** or raise red flags if we went to sell the house. Also, the paint contractors scratched our hardwood floors with their paint cans and when the flooring people came, my floor wasn't replaced, they yanked up individual scratched planks and now it is gaping in places and you can feel it with your toe. Ridiculous. The wavy walls, nail pops, and the terrible job doing the trim work will make you want to cry.
Oh, and most of us that built with Khov in our development were promised a "lawn package" (which I am sure they done away with), which turned out to to be nothing more than uneven dirt barely rock hounded and sub-par grass seed thrown on top. We had to upgrade to a better seed and pay extra to get a thin layer of topsoil. Khov makes lots of promises and don't deliver. Your home will look quite different from the model home because the craftsmanship just isn't there.
Do yourself a favor.
Ask for their contractor list before you sign and check them out to see if they are reputable.Wish I did.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Driveway Replacement
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "I closed on a new construction Pulte home in Phoenix on August 2. On September 8 after morning rain, I discovered an area of 13'out from the patio is..."
- "Our experience with Khov has shown they lack customer service focusing on telling you to be happy with the end product and not the process. They discount your concerns during..."
- "I have not been in my home for six months and everyday I notice things that are wrong with my home from squeaky floors to pushed nails, cracks in the..."
- "We canceled our service with WALMART Family Mobile in November 2016 and had the cell number ported to another provider. WALMART has continued to bill us without explanation and is..."
- "I ordered 3 items. I received the coffe cup fairly quickly, and the dog trainer bracelet approximately a week later. My 3rd item was a pair of black leggings with..."
- "I purchased a small canvas emergency pouch last November it was intended to hold personal items, medication, a torch and batteries things for an emergency. When it did not appear..."
- "I purchased an Apex TT. Before I even picked up the trailer the dealership had to replace the overhead awning because it was broken. I've been on 2 local trips...."
- "Shoedazzle sent2 left boots an flat out refuses to exchange . Representative I can receive 20% off next purchase..."
- "Walmart # 01895 W Market st. Fairlawn Ohio. I checked out at register 16 on Monday, August 18th 2015 at 6:21 PM. I paid for ALL the items listed on..."