Khovnanian Homes - They issued us a "Seasonal Ticket" to replace Driveway and Walkway then did not honor it.
Update added by user Jan 19, 2015
All is well and fine with our Khov complaints.It was an outright war, but our walkway and driveway was replaced and we no longer have any issues with them.
They are very good about fixing problems while you are under warranty but will try to get out of things once it expires.Although they have corrected every complaint we filed, we are still having condensation leaking through windows and the ceiling has cracks but we are going to live with it.
Update added by user Dec 18, 2014
Amazingly Khov came through and replaced the walkway and driveway. It was a fight, but in the end, they did the right thing.
Update added by user Jul 17, 2014
The last picture is of mushrooms growing out of our bathroom wall.Why?
because they never put sealant around the shower when then installed it and water got into the wall and come out near the molding.They did fix this, but I find it completely ridiculous that this could even happen.
Original review posted by user Jul 17, 2014
BEWARE!!They issued us a seasonal ticket telling us they would replace our driveway and our walkway in the spring well knowing we would be out of warranty.
Today I find out they are not going to honor this ticket. Google the complaints look on the BBB. They hire the cheapest contractors. Each time it rains my walkway floods and now it's cracked and another issue is that water just stands on the side of my third car garage drive and I have to get a broom and sweep it to the grass to prevent damage.
They will address the crack...I am afraid to find out what they intend to do because the proper thing would be to replace the entire walkway not just the section where it is cracked. Also, when you do have a warranty issue, they don't do an acceptable job, they suggest the easiest, cheapest fix instead of the correct way to remedy the problem. For example - we paid extra for (2) drains in our garage again, the concrete contractor put them at the high point, not the low point of the garage so you literally have to sweep water into the drain. When I complained about this, their remedy was to jackhammer it to the correct placement and fill in the nasty tracks with concrete.
Like that wouldn't look like *** or raise red flags if we went to sell the house. Also, the paint contractors scratched our hardwood floors with their paint cans and when the flooring people came, my floor wasn't replaced, they yanked up individual scratched planks and now it is gaping in places and you can feel it with your toe. Ridiculous. The wavy walls, nail pops, and the terrible job doing the trim work will make you want to cry.
Oh, and most of us that built with Khov in our development were promised a "lawn package" (which I am sure they done away with), which turned out to to be nothing more than uneven dirt barely rock hounded and sub-par grass seed thrown on top. We had to upgrade to a better seed and pay extra to get a thin layer of topsoil. Khov makes lots of promises and don't deliver. Your home will look quite different from the model home because the craftsmanship just isn't there.
Do yourself a favor.
Ask for their contractor list before you sign and check them out to see if they are reputable.Wish I did.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Driveway Replacement
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "There are several windows in our home that have accumulated mold that keeps coming back ever since it was built in 2003. We moved in December of 2003 and..."
- "Do not use Everdry. We made that mistake and now out thousands of dollars. They come to your house and scare you to death about mold, bang on your door..."
- "I just had one of Leaffilter's sleasy sales people over at my place. They basically use any sales tactic to get the sale. Here are a couple things I have..."
- "Purchased 2015 Buick Encore year after we got it big bubble appears on front tire side well thought it was defective tires they told me it was from hitting a..."
- "I was browsing through groupon looking to score a good deal when I found a huge scam. First of all they are trying to pass off a cheaply made generic..."
- "Beware of this place..My partner and I went in to purchase a $99 coffee table that retailed for $299. This was supposed to be a "Floor model" sale. Meaning that..."
- "we booked Bali -> Cebu via KL. 2 flights , one booking AA cancelled the early morning flight and out us on the next one. The only problem is this arrives..."
- "We got the buy two Samsung phones, get a free 50" smart TV. We got the free TV within the 6-8 weeks, but when we got it, we pulled..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."