Khovnanian Homes - Poor Workmanship and Shortcuts Taken
We were told that we'd have a water manifold system which was important to us.Instead we have 1 water line feeding the whole house.
My master bathroom tubs water lines starting leaking & water ran across my garage ceiling causing water damage. I had to shut the water off to the whole house because they didn't install a shut off valve to the tub either. (they did come out and fix that). We found out that we have different sized water lines which causes loss of water pressure at times especially when the dishwasher is running.
The ceiling light in the basement fell out because it wasn't fastened to anything and the only thing holding it up was the insulation. Our floor squeaks like crazy. When they came out to fix it the repairman told us that the floor wasn't even fastened down. He couldn't fix it completely but in the process of fixing our floors he had to pull the carpeting back, now my carpet has pulled away from the metal strip and we have nice sharp little spikes that stab our feet.
Oh, and our floors are hooved up in spots. The downstairs bathroom wall is not straight. The main bath door upstairs won't latch unless you pull up really hard on it (even after they tried to fix that). They "forgot" to run duct work to the bedroom downstairs so after drilling numerous holes in my ceiling they decided to put a piece of wood in the vent hole in the room directly above it to close off one of it's vents and tapped into it to add a vent to the room downstairs.
Now neither room stays very warm in the winter. When they put the dry wall in they covered up the water line to our outside spigot so I now have a blue water line hanging down from my laundry room ceiling. Which by the way did leak one time, shorted out the freezer that I had in there at the time. I lost all the frozen stuff I had in it and the freezer.
You can see daylight where the block wall and the wood walls meet in the garage. Our concrete stoop started disintegrating with a year. I put a rubber mat on it to help protect it. After birds kept getting into our furnace we called a independent furnace co.
they happened to notice that our furnace lines were the temporary lines and the shut off valve was in the furnace which was a major fire hazard. K. Hov did fix that issue, but it shouldn't have been left that way for a year. We have a window that is extremely hard to open.
The bathroom downstairs ceiling isn't 8' it's not even 7' which is a problem because both of my sons are 6'6", not much headroom.
After waiting 23 years to build a home and the high reviews of several friends I am so beyond heartbroken.I would never build with them again.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Home Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Do not use Everdry. We made that mistake and now out thousands of dollars. They come to your house and scare you to death about mold, bang on your door..."
- "I closed on a new construction Pulte home in Phoenix on August 2. On September 8 after morning rain, I discovered an area of 13'out from the patio is..."
- "We already left a review of Charles Brzezinski and CBCS but please disregard that review as it was forced out of us because Charles held our project hostage until my..."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."
- "I bought two jawbone bands, UP2 and UP3 in the space of six months, one for me and one for my mother. After the first one broke after only 4..."
- "I bought a Gengar crewneck for 72 dollars in october - 2016. They said there was about 1 month shipping time because they are a small company with many customers...."