Verified Reviewer

1.6

I purchased a new built town home in Casa Del Mar community in Boynton, Florida. The property is built by K.

Hovnanian Homes, KHOV. The building is built in 2020. From the start KHOV forbade to hire a professional inspection before the closing. This should be a red flag right there.

After the closing I hired a professional inspector and the inspection report had 57 pages long findings. The KHOV's attitude towards to fixing what is under their warranty was despicable, they were trying to reject everything what they could saying that it is " normal and built according to the standards". Half of the findings they had marked as cosmetic and bluntly closed the finding in KHOV warranty system. The other half are still in the process.

Furthermore, when I moved in , the biggest construction issue transpired. The property has no sound insulation in the interior/ exterior walls whatsoever.

The noise is coming from my neighbor-units transmits extremely easily and it is directly related to the problem emanates from the lack of insulation in the common walls or possible crack in the masonry walls.

The house is in very close proximity to the railway. The entire house is shacking when a train is passing by to the degree that subjects are falling from the table. I dont think I am just being unreasonable when I expect sound insulation built in the property which is so close to the railway and marketed as luxurious property.

I believe due to daily shacking the walls got cracks and the sound travels even more.

The situation became unacceptable and it affects not only me but my neighbors. There is no privacy and no human freedom in our own homes. The issue pertains not only to loud TV/ music noise (even though my neighbor running music at level 3) but I hear when my neighbors talk and even hear when they sneeze!! Furthermore, I can hear when my over-one-unit- neighbor plays music.

I repeat, not my next-door neighbor but the 2 units down. It is difficult to believe that the building is built according to standards.

I talked and sent email to KHOV regional manager. He is taking a position that everything is built according to the standards and pass inspections. But in reality the quality of the wall, entrance door and attic ( some of the owners had black mold within the first year of built due to attic issues) are very poorly built.

Not a word of apologies or express of concerns about the home owner complaints from the regional management. What a shame . I would like to believe that this behavior is not representative KHOV public goals and company policy towards customers.

Nevertheless, I am suffering from abnormal noise issue every day and it does affect my life. KHOV's HQ should step in and fix the sound insulation issue immediately .

The attached below are some pictures of brand new entrance door, attic and bathroom door.

User's recommendation: Do not buy KHOV homes or any other homes when a builder does not allow you to hire a professional inspector before the closing.

Preferred solution: To install sound insulation or pay for the sound insulation expenses when a private contractor is hired. .

Comments