Our experience with Khov has shown they lack customer service focusing on telling you to be happy with the end product and not the process. They discount your concerns during the build process with their workmanship and other items you question. After our roof shingles were installed (approximately 6 weeks) they started blowing off. The wind experienced to blow them off was moderate for the time of year. During rainstorms or winter storms in the Ohio area the winds would be much higher. The damage exposed tears in the tar paper exposing wood and was not addressed for 10 days with rain and snow occurring during the timeframe. In addition to the shingles that were blown off we were able to view shingles flapping up and down when a slight wind occurred. They were unwilling to perform a roof replacement and patched the areas that blew off. After the patch shingles showed signs of damage and a few were still turned up when the wind blew.
During the construction of our home we were given inaccurate information from our construction manager on why the water meter was moved in our house from the orginal blueprint location disrupting useable space in our finished basement. Yes, they did finally move it to the original blueprint location after extensive time from our side contacting our city engineer to discount inaccurate information given to us from the Khov construction manager and stopping draw requests for additional funds to build.
At our pre-drywall walk through all work was not completed. We paid for interior wall insulation that was not completed. We stated that to the Khov rep performing the walk though. When I contacted our construction manager informing him I would like another walk through to verify interior insulation, he stated it was completed after we left and if another walk through was required he would have to stop production as dry wall is currently being installed and it would cause a delay in our home closing date. We worked out a compromise on the phone that he could send me pictures of the insulation that I never received. In addition dry wall didn’t start until 1 week after our phone conversation, so the need to stop production delaying our home close date was not an issue as the construction manager mentioned.
Khov will also have you sign a document prior to build requesting 24 hours’ notice prior to you being onsite stating safety concerns or the want to make sure question you have can be answered. I would recommend not signing the document and asking them to provide a wavier form releasing them of any safety concerns with you being on the property. I have noticed many issues while showing up at the house unannounced. These items include cigarette butts on the interior floor, not covering heating vents with debris filling them, and workmanship items that are questionable.
As with any builder I am sure there are challenges experienced during the build process. This is the second home I have built and didn’t experience near the amount of issues with my prior builder. If you elect to build with Khov make sure you get everything in writing ( I mean everything as we don’t have a few items due to conversation with Khov staff that is not documented and the will ask you to provide documentation) and be prepared to invest extensive time from your side to monitor progress and the issues that will arise.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Replace entire roof due to damage and lack of timely response with unknown issues of the roof in the future. Quality of product and workmanship to install led to the issue.
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "I am writing this as a review of the work that was conducted on my home last month from Rhino Shield of Jacksonville, Fl. Several months ago, my blood pressure..."
- "BOUGHT NEW HOME.HAD TO BUY NEW HEAT PUMP AND AIR-CONDITIONING UNIT AS TO SMALL OF ONE WAS PUT IN. HAVING 21 WINDOWS REPLACED. HAVE HUGE CRACKS IN OUTSIDE STUCCO! MOLD..."
- "Joseph E. Prada (or Joseph E. Prado) agreed to install laminate floors on the second floor in my mom's house - a total of 800 sq feet. The total work..."
- "First of all I would like to say. THANK GOD FOR THE HYLA! My mife is breathing because of your product and has not been back in the hospital since..."
- "You are selling a product called syringe pens. In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate. Its one thing for a doctor to use it as..."
- "What a rip! Ordered beautiful arrangement from what I thought was a “family owned business”. The arrangement was delivered on time. The service train crashes at this..."
- "I ordered mats for my kitchen from a daily deal. When they came (I like the rugs. They were what I expected) they came postage due for $5.85. There was..."
- "We ordered in July and did not get till 10-21-2016 Was supposed to be like the 2016's with some new additions. We picked up, no storage, white flooring,..."
- "After learning the hard way that my kindergarten son's school has never been able to reach me via telephone, Only a recorded msg that the call can not be completed..."